Thursday, August 11, 2011

A Special Photograph


This is a photograph I found in Cecile White's scrapbook.  I had never seen it, and was thrilled to have and to share it.  This is my great grandmother Stella Holyfield White holding her daughter Violet White on her lap.  To the left is my grandmother Cecile and to the right is her brother Jasper.  I see the faces of my cousins in this photograph.

One of the special things about this photograph is seeing Jasper.  Thomas "Jasper" White was the oldest child of Stella and James Abe White to live to adulthood. Unfortunately, he died in an automobile accident at the age of 19 in 1935.  This is only the second photograph I have discovered of him and I am happy to share it with my cousins.


2 comments:

  1. How great to have found this photograph! Stella looks like a no-nonsense woman, though it could be just the seriousness of having a photo taken. Do you have a guess at the date of the photograph. I noticed Jasper is wearing short pants, an outfit my father despaired of wearing until (in his opinion) he was much too old!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, Nancy! Stella was definitely a no nonsense kind of lady.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...